Bottom line: Iron Man 3 is awesome. I know it, you know it, and the box office knows it. Rather than break down its pros and cons like every other reviewer, I thought I’d take the high road and talk about the awesome little details that have lead to it having the second most successful opening weekend of all movie history… right behind The Avengers, naturally.
- Robert Downey, Jr. is always awesome and put on a fantastic performance balancing snarky, scared, and heroic at the same time.
- Sweet multiple Iron Man suits with different skills.
- Ben Kingsley’s performance as The Mandarin is so very nuanced, and so very scary.
- The post-credit gag.
- Tony Stark and Rhodes’ buddy cop vibe, adding humor and comradery in all the right places.
- Pepper gets the last word. You have to see the movie to understand, but I loved her participation in the end fight sequence.
- The Air Force One sequence.
- The story breaks down Tony Stark and builds him up again, in a good way.
- The movie is legitimately funny, with good writing and excellent delivery from the cast.
- The story is both personal and epic, and makes more sense than 90% of the other blockbuster flicks’ plots.
- Organic references to the events of The Avengers- You know what? An alien invasion would be a pretty damn big deal so of course people would refer back to it.
- The action hits all the right spots of being frequent, big, and purposeful.
Action Rating: 4 Arc Reactors, out of 5!
Iron Man 3 ranks better than the second film in the series. It’s worth the money to see it in theaters, so do it. Then you can add to the list of awesomeness in the comments below.
This is the Action Flick Chick, and you’ve just been kicked in the ass!
- Sneak Peek of Da Vinci’s Demons Episode 4
- Jason Statham’s Hummingb-I Mean Redemption- Preview